Thursday, July 22, 2010

Softball Stinker


You know, you can brag all you like about what a fantastic ball player you were, and that's all fine and dandy. (and entirely untrue)
UNTIL...
you get asked to play AGAIN. Like this Saturday. With new people. In a strange town.
So for the record, here's the truth.
I played with all my heart in my first ever softball tournament on Canada Day.
I did NOT hit any home runs. I did NOT make it to first base. I did NOT run fast, although I thought I did.
I DID catch the ball at home plate, but ran away from the plate when things got intense so the pitcher could cover.
I DID get people out on second base, but only two. I did NOT catch any pop flies.
I may or may not have peed a little in my pants after one really good hit, thus having to leave the game and run the quarter of a mile to the nearest washroom leaving the team wondering where I went.
If y'all were under the impression that I was some natural born athlete, I apologize. I led you on.
I shall report the truth from here on in, as all of southern Manitoba will soon know... I suck at ball.

No comments: