Thursday, September 02, 2010

Confessions of a BAD mother

It's not that I'm a horrible mother. I mean, you know, I 'm not totally selfish. Sure I push my kids out of the way during a parade to get good candy. And yeah, maybe I post embarassing potty pics of them all over my facebook and then add their friends....and when I finally give in and let Shelby finally have a facebook...oh my. There will be little "I love you sunshine bunny" notes all over her wall. (Heeeheee...I can't wait!!)

But that's totally not the point of this write-up. In my glorious state of bad motherness, I'm looking for some recipes. I'm amidst my back to school baking, and I want to freeze a bunch of cookies. But cookies are my best friend and never seem to get into the kids hands. It's true. I love cookies SOOO much that I make them for me, myself and MOI. I hide them in margarine containers labeled "BORSCHT 2004" and lay them at the bottom of the freezer where a child could never venture. I eat them for breakfast in the bathroom while I'm pretending to shower. Or at 3 a.m. when I get up for my ritual insomnia snack. My poor kids will ask for cookies and I'll direct them to the rock-hard Harmonie brand store bought ones in the pantry.

So I need to find a recipe that is delicious to the kids, but not to me. A challenging task, no? So fellow mothers (or fathers) please inbox me your recipes. Make them easy ones, and perhaps ones with oatmeal (I don't care for it.

Give the poor Graham kids a chance at cookies.

No comments: